Supporting great causes all over Connecticut
Barron Financial Group is deeply dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work. We serve on boards of non-profit organizations, donate to local charities, and sponsor fundraising and educational events.
We have had the privilege of working with the following organizations:
- The Little Guild Rescue Shelter – Sandra served as Treasurer on their Board of Directors, Jim has helped with consultation and Barron Financial Group has sponsored numerous events and fundraising activities
- The Community Foundation of Northwest Connecticut – Jim serves as the Chairperson of their Investment Committee. Jim and Sandra have attended and/or organized a number of events related to the Foundation's "Critter Fund" and Barron Financial Group makes an annual Holiday contribution to their philanthropic fund.
- The Community Foundation of Greater New Haven – Jim serves as a member the Foundation’s Investment Committee.
- City of Torrington – Jim served as the Chairperson of the town's Economic Development Committee and as a Constable. He accepted an appointment to the City's Charter Review Committee in 2012.
- Goshen Land Trust – Jim is a member of the Board of Directors and assists the Trust in its property management, governance, community outreach and fundraising efforts.
- The Warner Theatre - Jim is a member of the Board of Directors and is Chair of the Governance Committee. He assists the Theatre in its long-term strategy, governance, community outreach and fundraising efforts and for the past three years, Barron has been a major contributor to their annual Gala.
- The Litchfield County University Club - Jim is a former member of the Litchfield County University Club, an organization dedicated to celebrating and advancing the interests of higher education.
- UConn Athletics – An avid Husky fan, John is a member of the UConn Athletic Development Fund and will often volunteer his time at events and working with the UConn Foundation.
- The Hundred Club of Connecticut – Having learned of a personal connection to The Hundred Club, John was honored to be recently accepted as a member to the Club.
- Northwest Chamber of Commerce – A long-time member of the Chamber (10+ years) and previous corporate partner, Barron Financial is proud to support the local business community through Chamber activities. John currently volunteers as a member of the Membership and Branding Committees.
- Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce – John has been an active member of the Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce for a number of years, including during his time with the University of Connecticut.
- Waterbury Chamber of Commerce – John is presently very active with the Waterbury Chamber of Commerce as he sits on their Membership committee, Small Business Council, and in one of their Business Connection Groups.